Museum of society
- Free entry
- Opening hours: Open the website
- Bus: 8, 29
- Parking: parking available along the road
An exhibition of more than 900 nativity scenes welcomes visitors and already from the entrance of the museum it seems that here time has stopped at Christmas. Created by some local enthusiasts the collection now includes large sized and animated nativity scenes with movements of lights, various series of themed nativity scenes, and, on occasion, unique antique pieces. The variety is very high for construction materials used, the age and origin of the various pieces. There is no lack either of reproductions of famous paintings.
The museum is a space that welcomes nativity scenes that would otherwise be lost when who ever has created or collected them is no longer with us. On the ground floor there is also a laboratory for enthusiasts who want to create a nativity scene themselves or discover the techniques of this art, guided by the experts.
Not to be missed
1. The great animated nativity scene created by Ettore Torrini in 1937 with more than 200 animated figures. The overall effect is as sweet as a child's fairy tale, but the hidden mechanism that generates it is complicated and ingenious;
2. The series of nativity scenes set in the streets and squares of Trieste is most unusual;
3. Nineteenth century "Little theatres of paper".
- Guided visit languages: Italian, German
- Tour languages: Italian
- Temporary exhibitions
- Conference room
- Relax area