- Tickets: Full price 3 € (the visitor can combine the ticket with the nearby / Reduced-price 2 € (combined reduced ticket ridotto 3 €), free for children up to 6 years
- Opening hours: Open the website
- Parking: parking available along the road
The museum is made up of 4 million finds, gathered in more than a century and a half and is one of the oldest museums in Italy (1846). It it laid out with finds that are unique in the world and collections of the most varied kinds such as minerals, insects, fossils and whales. This museum is never static and its collections are always being enriched as the museum continues to grow.
The museum is amazing forthe variety of ways in which the finds are exhibited.
Like a journey into history, the first part re-introduces the ancient nineteenth-century displays and the room of marvels, the much-sought-after Wunderkammer.
The top floor uses powerful elements of interactivity to reveal the secrets of nature. Children and curious people of all ages can enjoy the pleasure of interactivity, touching, marvelling and listening, in a real sensory journey.
Not to be missed
The museum houses 3 fantastic and unique pieces that even the largest museums in the world cannot assemble under one roof:
1. The shark Carlotta, the largest preserved carnivorous shark in the world;
2. The dinosaur Antonio, the largest Italian dinosaur and the most complete in Europe;
3. Lonche's jaw, the first example of a dental filling in the history of humanity which dates back to 6,500 years
- Guided visit languages: Italian, English
- Tour languages: Italian, English
- Temporary exhibitions
- Conference room
- Disabled access
- Relax area
- Animal access