Museum of society ,
- Free entry
- Opening hours: By appointment
- Bus: 1, 10, C
- Parking: pay-parking in the surrounding area
The washhouse was inaugurated in 1905 and consisted of thirty washing sinks covered by a roof supported by elegant cast iron columns and was used until the mid-twentieth century before remaining closed for a long time. In 2011, the Amici degli Scout Group decided to revive it.
The washhouse today offers a permanent historical exhibition on the work of laundrywomen and the soap industry. In addition, the structure seeks to be a free facility for the meetings of of cultural associations, hosting numerous events of various kinds for local people.
The Scouts' commitment was to revive this part of the city's history and life that is unknown to many young people, keeping it alive in memories both of those who experienced it directly and of those who have only heard about it.
Not to be missed
Numerous work tools from the 20th Century
- Guided visit languages: Italian
- Tour languages: Italian
- Temporary exhibitions
- Disabled access
- Relax area
- Animal access