The Marinara Aldebaran Association is a non-profit private enterprise founded in 1951 to disseminate and promote maritime culture, naval studies and documentation and all related activities.
In the rooms of the Association near the Lanterna, the old lighthouse of Trieste, you can admire over 700 models of ships that vary by type and their scale of reproduction, ranging from 1:50 to 1: 2,000.
You can admire a wealth of over 50,000 images of photographs, negatives and photographic plates, artistic designs and vintage postcards.
The archive contains the technical naval designs of local shipyards and famous ships that have made world maritime history.
There is also a library of over 5,500 volumes in Italian, English, German and French.
The collection of exhibited models is unique in the world for the level of perfection of the reproductions.
Members of the Aldebaran Maritime Association have carried out a long historical quest for details of the royal ship and they reproduce them with absolute perfection in model building. Here you can see unique model ships that are world-class for their excellence and quality.
1. Faithful reproduction of the "NOVARA" Frigate of the Austro-Hungarian Mar. 1: 100;
2. Faithful reproduction of the USS "FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT" 1: 200;
3. Faithful reproduction of the "CONTE DI SAVOIA" turbine ship in scale 1: 200;
4. Faithful reproduction of the "VICTORIA" motorboat in scale 1: 200;
5. Faithful reproduction of the "VIRIBUS UNITIS" battleship in scale 1: 200.