- Free entry
- Opening hours: Open the website
- Bus: 25, 26, 26/ holidays;
- Parking: parking available along the road
The Civic Botanical Garden was founded in 1842 at the same site as today, overlooking city. The garden is laid out on several levels and is organized by thematic areas incuding native plants; house-plants; ornamental plants; a florilegium of magical plants, simple garden, lotus flowers, edible plants; formal garden; "Tinte d’erbe" - herbal dye plants section; useful plants; poisonous plants and geopalaeontological path.
The garden is a key element in the relationship between scientific research and environmental conservation.
In addition to being a recreational site, the garden combines advanced scientific research and new knowledge of the environment in order to offer cultural activities to an ever wider range of people.
In addition to the aspect of systematic research and classification, such an institution also assumes the role of conservation, cultivation and reproduction of nedicinal, textile and food plants, horticultural varieties, local spontaneous and endemic flora, aquatic and wetland plants and succulent plants and it can thus be considered as an island, albeit artificial, of floral diversity, playing a strategic role in the conservation of biodiversity.
When the garden, as in this case, is integrated into town life, is no longer just a botanical structure, but it is aimed at a wider audience seeking to expand their cultural base or even simply escape a polluted and alienating urban environment.
Not to be missed
1. Historic building;
3. Formal garden;
4. Bust of the botanist pharmacist Bartolomeo Biasoletto (1793-1858), first director of the Garden;
5. Statue of Carlo de'Marchesetti (1850-1926), under whose direction the Garden reached its maximum extent and assumed its current layout.
- Guided visit languages: Italian, English, German, Slovenian
- Tour languages: Italian, English
- Temporary exhibitions
- Relax area
- Refreshment point
- Animal access