Museum of society
- Free entry
- Opening hours: Open the website
- Bus: 30
- Parking: parking available along the road
The elegant eighteenth century villa, modified and expanded in the neoclassical period, belonged to rich Sanremo family that dealt in grain and in 1949 became the Museum Sartorio thanks to the generosity of the last heir, Anna Sartorio Segre. It consists of a ground floor and two upper floors and inside has Venetian-style tastes with a large hall in the centre overlooked by large rooms communicating with each other. In its furnishings it is almost completely original, Empire and Biedermeier coexist with living rooms and lounges in Louis XVI-style, next to rooms that interpret the historical revival, among which Gothic room stands out the. The large kitchen, complete with ceramic and copper artifacts, is distinguished by its originality and completeness. In the large garden surrounding the villa there are ancient trees among which stands an imposing Cedar of Lebanon.
The villa retains its original furniture including works of art, furniture, pottery and textiles.
Not to be missed
1. A collection of 254 drawings by Giambattista Tiepolo.
2. The triptych of Santa Chiara, afourteenth-century work in tempera on wood, attributed to Paolo Veneziano.
3. Paintings from the churches of Istria (owned by the State).
- Guided visit languages: Italian
- Tour languages: Italian, English
- Temporary exhibitions
- Conference room
- Disabled access
- Animal access